Zedd to perform at Frost Music & Arts Festival

Zedd will headline this year’s Frost Arts & Music Festival (Courtesy of Wikimedia Commons).

Grammy award-winning artist Zedd and music duo Broods will be performing at the Sixth Annual Frost Music & Arts Festival hosted by the Stanford Concert Network (SCN) on Saturday, May 20.

As announced last quarter, Stanford Stadium will serve as the venue for this year’s festival as Frost Amphitheater undergoes renovation.

Zedd, the headliner for this year’s concert, was born Anton Zaslavski and grew up in Kaiserslautern, Germany. According to Zedd’s Blood Company biography, he started playing the piano at four years old and developed his knowledge of classical music throughout his childhood, later picking up the drums and playing with metal trio Dioramic. In 2009, the artist delved into electronic music after hearing the French electronic duo Justice.

In 2014, Zedd won Best Dance Recording at the 56th Grammy Awards for his song “Clarity.”

According to SCN, the festival’s 250 student pre-sale tickets sold out in March, but regular tickets will soon be released for purchase. In previous years, SCN has invited artists Fetty Wap, Sage the Gemini, Flume, Kaytranada, AlunaGeorge and MGMT to perform at the festival.

Supporting act Broods consists of a brother-sister duo from Nelson, New Zealand. Georgia Nott, the lead vocalist, is accompanied by older brother and multi-instrumentalist Caleb Nott.

Broods has released two albums to date and has won several awards in New Zealand, including Album of the Year for “Conscious” in 2016.

Contact Ariel Liu at aliu15 ‘at’ stanford.edu.