Accessibility statementSkip to main content
We need your help: All banner donations made today will support The Daily's new staff financial aid program.
Learn more and donate.

HAI convenes tech luminaries to talk ‘ethics, policy and governance’

By , , , , and

Welcome
Welcome
AI and the Economy
AI and the Economy
Regulating Big Tech
Regulating Big Tech
The Coded Gaze
The Coded Gaze
Conversation with Hoffman and Patil
Conversation with Hoffman and Patil
Day 2
Day 2

Speaking to a crowd of 900 people on Monday morning, computer science professor Fei-Fei Li and former Provost John Etchemendy kicked off this fall’s Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI) conference focused on “Ethics, Policy and Governance.” 

The “ultimate goal of AI should be to enhance and augment our humanity, not to diminish or replace it,” Li said, a statement which characterized the following discussions. 

The author's profile picture

Daniel Yang is a staff writer interested in studying History. Contact him at danieljy 'at' stanford.edu.
The author's profile picture

she/her/hers

Newsroom Development Director
Emma Talley is from Sacramento, California. She is the volume 260 Newsroom Development director, and has served as a two-time news editor. She previously worked for the San Francisco Chronicle with the metro team covering breaking news and K-12 education. She's obsessed with coffee. Contact her at etalley 'at' stanforddaily.com or news 'at' stanforddaily.com.