Women’s golf close out fall in Hawaii

Stanford women’s golf club finished the fall schedule in a tie for fifth-place (+4, 294-291-295=880) at the Nanea Pac-12 Preview in Hawaii. This three-day tournament saw the Cardinal climb as high as fourth overall, thanks to sophomore Aline Krauter and freshman Angelina Ye’s performances.

Three players finished in the top 25. Krauter finished the tournament tied for 10th place with 13 birdies over the three days. Newly minted Pac-12 October Women’s Golfer of the Month, Ye had the second-best performance for the Cardinal at the Pac-12 preview with a tie for 13th place overall. Senior Zizi Wang rounded out the trio with a tie for 25th.

The Cardinal began the season with an outright victory at the Molly Intercollegiate behind the swing of senior Andrea Lee where she broke the all-time school record for most career wins. A second-place team finish at the Stanford Intercollegiate came next, highlighted by the freshman Ye’s first-ever career victory. The Cardinal’s spring schedule will commence in February at the Northrop Grumman Regional Challenge at the Palos Verdes Golf Club in Palos Verdes Estates.  

Contact Joseph Anderson at jodieous ‘at’ stanford.edu.