Sexual battery at Brockhampton concert reported

A white male in his 30s or 40s groped a juvenile female from behind at Frost Amphitheater on Friday at 9:20 p.m., the Stanford Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) reported.

The sexual battery occurred amid the crowd at the Goldenvoice and Stanford Live-hosted Brockhampton concert, in which the suspect was reported to have grabbed the victim’s breasts and hips. SUDPS does not know whether she is a student at Stanford, according to spokesperson Bill Larson. The suspect was described as being 6’3” tall, of muscular build and with blue eyes and red hair in a bun and shaved on the sides, according to the report. Deputies responded to the scene immediately, but were unable to locate him, SUDPS wrote.

An AlertSU notification of the incident was sent to the Stanford community on Saturday at 12:19 a.m., two hours after it was reported to SUDPS. It is the latest in a string of reports of sexual assault, aggravated assault or assaults with intent to commit rape made in the last two weeks, along with four reports of either confirmed or potential druggings in the last month. 

Saturday’s AlertSU came just hours after Vice Provost for Student Affairs Susie Brubaker-Cole sent a video to students expressing her concern over the pattern of incidents.

“I feel anger, I feel frustration, and I feel sorrow every time I hear one of these reports and learn about horrific acts like these,” Brubaker-Cole said. “Please know that we are working very hard to support all of [the impacted] students.”

Contact Julia Ingram at jmingram ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Julia Ingram ’21 was The Daily's Volume 256 editor-in-chief. She is a New York City native majoring in English literature and working toward a career in news reporting. Contact her at jingram ‘at’ stanforddaily.com.