What the rally you wear says about you

Equally as important as professional and business attire, most students on campus own some type of rally. The most ridiculous outfits usually make the best rally, and ideally, it should capture some part of your personality. You don’t necessarily have to be creative to wear good rally, but if you’re a natural, the type of rally you wear says a lot about you as a person.

Onesies

So, Target was having a special. Onesies represent one of the most popular types of rally on campus. Every Halloween and every rollout, you’ll find it rare to not spot at least one lion, or tiger or bear (oh my!) onesie. Regardless of whether you’re dressed as a giraffe or left shark, this type of rally shows that you’re part of the wild side. You know how to have fun, and your party animal instincts come in handy every now and then to spice up any party.

Hats

You know what they say — the bigger the hat, the bigger the spirit! I’ve seen a large array of sizes when it comes to hats. I’ve personally worn traffic cones, bucket hats and even buckets as hats. However, pinwheel hats never go out of fashion. All of these hats scream “chaotic good” energy, except devil horns (those scream chaotic evil energy). Hats also show that you came prepared, especially when they protect you from the Stanford sun and its evil UV rays.

Tutus

This is pretty self-explanatory. If you wear a tutu, you’re a dancer. You never walk away from the dance floor, and you know how to get down when you need to. This type of rally is not only convenient, but it is also expected. No Dancing Queen or Sweet Caroline would ever find themselves without some type of tutu in their closet.

DIY

Do you often find yourself recycling La Croix boxes and incorporating them into rally? Then, you love “Do It Yourself” rally! Not only are you sustainable, but you are beyond creative. You find yourself finding the most random things and shining the brightest at night.

Contact Richard Coca at richcoca ‘at’ stanford.edu.

Richard Coca '22 has previously served as editor of The Grind for volume 258, managing editor of Satire in vol. 257, and CLIP Co-chair in vol. 255. He is majoring in Human Biology and minoring in Anthropology. Contact him at rcoca 'at' stanforddaily.com.