Accessibility statementSkip to main content
We need your help: All banner donations made today will support The Daily's new staff financial aid program.
Learn more and donate.

Stanford reports no new student COVID cases for third straight week

The University reported no new COVID-19 cases among students and one new case for faculty, staff and postdoctoral scholars for the week of May 24, according to the University’s COVID Dashboard.

This marks the third week in a row that the University has logged no new COVID-19 cases among students on campus. A recent survey conducted by the Associated Students of Stanford University Undergraduate Senate found that 71% of undergraduate students are fully vaccinated, and that number is predicted to rise to 98% by June 12. 

The University recently announced that face coverings for fully vaccinated individuals will no longer be required outdoors, except when attending crowded events. 

Cases in Santa Clara County have continued to decrease over the past few weeks. The county is still in the yellow tier, which means no local capacity limits and fewer restrictions on many businesses; however, capacity limitations described in the state’s Blueprint for a Safer Economy still apply. The state will reopen fully on June 15, leaving only some limitations on very large indoor and outdoor events.