Female juvenile forcibly kissed without her consent, AlertSU reports

July 9, 2022, 12:33 p.m.

A male juvenile grabbed a female juvenile by the throat and forcibly kissed her without her consent on Thursday, according to an AlertSU notification sent Friday night.

The battery took place at approximately 1 a.m. in a student residence, possibly Wilbur Hall, according to the alert. The incident was reported to the Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) on Friday at 1:27 p.m. by a Campus Security Authority (CSA), which is a classification of individuals designated as mandatory reporters for certain crimes and prohibited sexual misconduct.

The identity of the suspect has not been disclosed to University officials, according to the alert. SUDPS defines a juvenile as a person under 18, according to the department’s procedures.

SUDPS spokesperson Bill Larson wrote that at this time, the identity of the perpetrator is unknown to the department since the incident was reported to a CSA who then reported it to SUDPS.

“We only have limited information that was provided in the Alert,” Larson wrote. “However, the investigation is active.”

7:49 p.m.: This article has been updated to include comment from a SUDPS spokesperson.

Kate Selig served as the Vol. 260 editor in chief. Contact her at kselig 'at' stanforddaily.com.