Police Blotter: Child abuse and non-criminal hate violence

This report covers a selection of incidents from Jan. 23 to Jan. 26, as recorded in the Stanford University Department of Public Safety (SUDPS) bulletin. Learn more about the Clery Act and how The Daily approaches reporting on crime and safety here.

Wednesday, Jan. 24

• Vandalism by defacing property at 1:35 a.m. was reported at 441 Gerona Road.
  • Petty theft from a building between 9 a.m. on Jan. 17 and 9 a.m. on Jan. 24 was reported at 400 Olmsted Road.
  • Child abuse likely to cause great bodily injury or death at 3:30 p.m. on Jan. 23 was reported at 890 Escondido Road (Escondido Elementary School).
  • Non-criminal hate violence at 5:23 p.m. on Jan. 24 was reported at 400 Quarry Road.
  • Grand theft of money, labor or property from a motor vehicle between 2 p.m. on Jan. 21 and 5:30 p.m. on Jan. 24 was reported at 400 Olmsted Road.
  • Tampering with a vehicle causing destruction, damage or vandalism of property between 1:03 a.m. and 8:01 a.m. was reported at 360 Oak Road (Stock Farm Garage).

The Daily has reached out to SUDPS for comment on the reports of child abuse at Escondido Elementary School and non-criminal hate violence at 400 Quarry Road.

Thursday, Jan. 25

• Petty theft of a bicycle between 1 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Dec. 13 was reported at 324 Santa Teresa Street.

Friday, Jan. 26

• A hit and run collision causing property damage to vehicles between 7:28 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. was reported at 295 Galvez Street (Track House Lot 95).

Rani Chor is a Vol. 264 University News Desk Editor and previously the Vol. 263 Public Safety Beat Reporter. Outside of writing for The Daily, she enjoys singing to her pet duck. Contact her at rchor 'at' stanforddaily.com.Anna Yang '27 is a Vol. 265 Title IX Beat Reporter and university desk staff writer from the Bay Area, CA. Contact news 'at' stanforddaily.com.