George Triantis appointed as dean of law school 

George Triantis, the Charles J. Meyer Professor of Law and a senior associate vice provost for research at Stanford, was appointed dean of Stanford Law School (SLS), according to a Tuesday announcement in the Stanford Report. 

“It’s a privilege to be asked to serve in this role, and I am grateful for the support of the provost and my colleagues. I’m looking forward to it and eager to begin this summer,” Triantis wrote in an email to The Daily. 

He will assume the position on June 14, succeeding Jenny Martinez who became Stanford’s provost in October 2023. After Martinez’s appointment, professors Robert Weisberg J.D. ’79 and Paul Brest have both served as interim deans of the school. Weisberg stepped down in January to address health issues.

Prior to Stanford, Triantis was the Eli Goldston Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. He joined the Stanford faculty in 2011. From 2014 to 2017 he was the associate dean for research at Stanford and faculty co-director of the Stanford Cyber Initiative. Since 2020, he has served as senior associate vice provost for research, addressing research integrity and policy, international engagements and risk management.

As the new dean of Stanford Law School, Triantis aims to lead in promoting vigorous and open debate in key areas of law and public policy, according to the Stanford Report. 

Paridhi Bhatia '27 is a beat reporter for international students and a writer for the University desk. She is interested in developmental economics and environmental policy. Contact Paridhi at news 'at' stanforddaily.com.